Many of the Windows users encountered an issue in Windows 10/8/7 is High CPU or Disk usage which at times freezes all other processes of the system. In that situation, If you are checking the Task Manager, it is noticed that the Windows Modules Installer Worker CPU and Disk Usage is very high.
If you notice that your computer’s fans spin up and it will get hotter. check the Task Manager and you might see “Windows Modules Installer Worker” using more CPU and disk resources than other. If you are facing problems with Antimalware Service Executable on your Windows 10 PC then download antimalware service executable msmpeng.exe and fix hogging so much of CPU.
What Is Windows Modules Installer Worker?
This system process “Enables installation, Modification, and removal of Windows updates”, according to the operating system. If you have Windows 10, then the system automatically installs operating system updates via Windows Update. so this process is doing in the background while using your windows. Windows Modules Installer Worker process will also need to do some work.
Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU & Disk Usage
- First of all, the Open search bar in windows 10, then search for “Services” and click on it.
- Now search for “Windows Modules Installer Worker” in the list.
- Double click on Windows Modules Installer Worker and open the settings window. By default, it is set to Automatic so change it to Manual.
- Now Search for “Windows Update” in the services list.
- Double click on it and open the settings. Change the mode from Automatic to Manual same as in the previous step.
- If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1, You can also Disable Automatic Windows Update by going to Settings –> Updates & Security –> Windows Update –> Advanced Options. Here you can see Choose how to updates are installed this is set to Manual mode.
- That’s it, Now windows updates are set to Manual mode.
Reboot your system after completing the procedure. The procedure above sets the ‘Windows Update’ to the Manual mode. Thus, it will not check for updates automatically. You can manually select the windows updates.
I hope you this article, Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU or Disk Usage helps you to find the correct solution. if you have any queries or suggestions comment down below. share with your friends and relatives if they strive to solve Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU or High Disk Usage.