What is Kodi?
Kodi is an open source free media center which is somewhat better than Windows Media Center and Apple TV. This Kodi TV Box will allow you to view Photos, Videos, Movies, Favorite TV Shows, Play Music, Listen to Podcasts and Play Games by connecting it to Windows PC, Smart TV, Android Device or on Android phone or Android Tablet by using Kodi App for Android.
You can attach the external memory devices to watch movies, family videos and view photos. This Kodi will support many devices like Windows, Android, Apple, Linux, and RaspberryPi. which allows streaming live TV shows by adding add-ons after installing the Kodi to your Smart TV.
How to set up Kodi?
Kodi has the best info guide like Kodi Wiki Manual which will provide you the Step by Step process of installing Kodi and getting services. All you have to do is Connect the Kodi Box to your TV, install the Kodi software and follow the guide given by Kodi Wiki Manual. Kodi has all the features which can replace Cable and able to record live TV shows and Stream many Famous Add-ons on this Kodi Box.
What is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a device which is connected to the Smart TV’s HDMI port which is included with USB Cable. Using the smartphone or computer as a remote control, you can use Chromecast to access video content from any live streaming services like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu and other services. You can get the Latest Google Chromecast 2 Media Streaming Device which is developed by Google on Online stores like Amazon.
Why Stream Kodi apart from Chromecast?
Chromecast provides the access of any video content which is on your Smartphone or PC in which you may be subscribed with Live TV shows, favorite series or you can stream YouTube on TV(Big screen) by connecting the Google Chromecast and operating the video by your mobile or PC.
But whereas Kodi on chromecast, Kodi is not just a video streaming device, it is more than that. Kodi has Cable connections, Memory slots, USB slot, Smartphone connection slot and LAN connection slot to operate any type of video content from any device.
Kodi provides the Kodi App for Android and other users also which can be operated using Android device or PC. Hence, Kodi is a better option to choose compared with the Google Chromecast for streaming any video content on your Smart TV.
However, both Kodi TV Box and Google Chromecast 2 are very famous Media Streaming Devices all over the world and will have their own preferences for the users.
How to Stream Kodi to Chromecast from Android Device
For streaming video content Kodi to Chromecast on your Android Device, you have to Download a couple of Apps on your smartphone.
- First, Download Kodi App free from Google Play Store which was developed by XBMC Foundation.
The app was not found in the store. 🙁
- Next Download the Localcast for Chromecast App free from Google Play Store and install it.
- Once you open the Localcast App, you will find the three lines of Folders option. Click on that and go to Settings and click on Kodi.
- You will get a message like “write playercorefactory.xml” and click on it. Once it gives the message like Enjoy all your KODI video add-ons with LocalCast! Please exit and restart Kodi.
- Then you have to click on “Launch Kodi” option. After clicking on it, you will find that Kodi will launch on LocalCast for Chromecast App.
- Now you can enjoy viewing photos, video content and music on your smartphone and Stream Kodi add-ons with Live TV shows and Movies.
I hope you this article is helpful to you How to Stream Kodi to Chromecast from Android using Kodi and chromecast. And if you have any queries or wanted to know any new things, updates and features about Android and Latest Technology please let us know and give your valuable comments.