Xiaomi has launched MIUI 9, the much-anticipated new version of its MIUI custom Android ROM. MIUI 9 is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, and apart from Nougat features like split screen, it boasts of faster app launch times, a more dynamic resource allocation for a fluid experience, and other smart features and improvements.
Highlights of MIUI 9
• Faster performance and new features are to be anticipated.
• Features including include a Smart image, Smart assistant, Smart app launcher faster app load times, new design elements, shortcuts on the lock screen, split screen feature, smart functionality and more.
• These are the few highlights of the new MIUI 9 in beta version. And can be much anticipated from the OS.
MIUI 9 Release Date and Phones
• The first beta version will be available August 11. The first batch of the MIUI 9 China Developer ROM will be released for Xiaomi Mi 6, Mi 5X, and Redmi Note 4X (Qualcomm variant).
• The second version will be available on August 25.This version supports Xiaomi Mi MIX, Mi Note 2, Mi Note Pro, Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 5c, Mi Max 2, Mi Max, Mi 4S, Mi 4c, and Redmi 4X.
• The MIUI 9 China Developer ROM will be made available to all other Xiaomi and Redmi devices, the company says, excepting the Mi 1/1S and Mi 2A in late September. All compatible devices to get the MIUI 9 update in future.
Install MIUI 9 Via OTA
- First, You should be a member of the MIUI Beta Team and logged into your Xiaomi device with same User ID.
- Now open the updater app on your Redmi Note 4 or Mi 6 and click on “Check for updates”. You will be getting an update for the MIUI 9 Lightning fast version, Now just tap the update.
- Now you need to have patience. After download successful, it will ask you to restart the device. Once you are done restarting, you will see the latest MIUI 9 update on your xiaomi device.
- If you are not a member of MIUI Beta Team China Follow the below steps to become MIUI 9 Beta Tester.
- For Applying For MIUI 9 Beta Tester Program. You need to download Xiaomi MIUI Forum app from the Play Store.
- In MIUI Forum app, tap on the Profile icon in the top left and Login or Sign Up with an MIUI account.
- Now click on the Recruitment option in the home page and registration will be complete.
Install MIUI 9 Using Personal Computer (PC)
- First, you need to download the latest version of the XiaoMi Flash tool for your PC and install it. it will help you to install MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi device.
- After the installation of Xiaomi Flash Tool. Turn off your device and press the Volume Down and Power button together for few seconds to enter the fast boot mode on your xiaomi device.
- Now connect your device to your personal computer.
- After that, you need to download ADB drivers and install it. This will help your computer to recognize xiaomi device in fast boot mode.
- Now download the MIUI 9 Beta ROM file for your device and extract it on PC.
- After the extraction of the ROM, open the MiFlash tool, and click on the “Select” option.
- A new window will appear, now browse the extracted files and “Select” Image Folder.
- Click refresh and your device will be listed.
- If not, make sure to check that the device has been properly connected and you have the fast boot drivers installed.
- At the bottom right of the window, you can select “clean all and lock” option which will format all the storage, remove all the data, and lock the bootloader.
- Click on the “Flash” button on the top right of the window now flash tool will flash MIUI 9 Beta rom.
- After the installation, you can disconnect your device from PC and now reboot your device.
- Now you can enjoy MIUI 9 Beta on your Xiaomi device.