Do you have many GIFs but do not know how to share them on YouTube, Instagram, and some social media platforms that do not support uploading GIFs? As almost all these platforms support MP4, you can try converting your GIF files to MP4 videos. If you do not know how to convert, you can read this post to learn how to convert GIF to MP4 on computers, online, and on the iPhone.
How to Convert GIF to MP4 on Desktop
In this part, you can learn two easy ways to change GIF to MP4 on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
Way 1: Using Vidmore Video Converter
You can use Vidmore Video Converter to turn your GIF files to MP4 no matter your computer’s system. Because it is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. And as an MP4 to WAV converter, it supports large amounts of common-used file formats, including WAV, MKV, MOV, AVI, FLV, etc. Hence, you also can use this software to convert GIFs to other file formats. Besides, Vidmore Video Converter is a video editor, and it has many practical features, like trimming, rotating, cropping, watermark removing, etc.
Here are steps about how to convert GIF to MP4 on a desktop using Vidmore Video Converter:
- Firstly, please download and install Vidmore Video Converter on your computer and launch it.
- Then you can click the Add Files button to import your GIF files or directly drag and drop your GIF files to the interface.
- Next, you need to click the pull-down icon next to Convert All to for selecting the MP4 format.
- There are a lot of file formats you can choose, and you can choose MP4 by clicking on it.
- Lastly, you need to click the Convert All button to finish the conversion and get the MP4 file on your computer.
Way 2: Using VLC Media Player
You also can use VLC Media Player to change GIF to MP4 offline. VLC Media Player is an open-source program that you can use on Windows, Mac, and Linus computers without limitation. Expect for playing files and changing GIF to MP4, and you also can use it as an OGG to MP3 converter because VLC supports all file formats.
Here are simple steps of using VLC to convert GIF to MP4 for free on a desktop:
- Please download, install, and run VLC Media Player on your computer first.
- After that, you need to click the Media and Convert/Save buttons to enter the Open Media
- Then you can click the Add button to select your GIF files.
- After adding the GIF file, you need to click the Convert / Save button to select Video – H.264 + MP3 (MP4) as the output file format.
- Later, you can select the output file folder by clicking the Browse
- Finally, to start converting GIF to MP4, you should click the Start
How to Change GIF to MP4 Online
If you do not want to install any software on your computer and only change GIF to MP4 a few times, you can try to use online tools.
Way 1: Using an online tool from Adobe
- You can enter the webpage of GIF to MP4 converting tool from Adobe by entering Adobe’s official website and choosing Creativity & Design>Adobe Express>Features>Convert GIF to MP4.
- Then, to upload your GIF file, you need to click the Upload your GIF
- Here you can drag and drop your GIF file to this tool directly or click Browse on your device to select the GIF file you want to convert.
- Next, please click the Download button to save the MP4 file on your computer. Note: You need to sign up for downloading.
Way 2: Using Ezgif
- Enter the official webpage of Ezgif and choose Video to GIF>GIF to MP4.
- Later, you need to click the Choose File button and the Upload button to upload your GIF.
- After that, click the Convert GIF to MP4 button to start the conversion.
- After converting, if you want to save the MP4 file on your computer, please choose the Save
How to Turn GIF to MP4 on iPhone
There are many apps in App Store you can use to change GIF to MP4 easily on iPhone. The following content is a simple guide to using GIF to Mp4 to convert GIF to Mp4 on iPhone.
- Download, install and run GIF to Mp4 on iPhone.
- Tap the plus sign on the screen to select GIF files you want to convert.
- After selecting, please tap the CONVERT TO MP4 button to start changing.
- Then you will see converted MP4 videos, and you can tap on Download All to save these videos on your iPhone.
In this article, you can use five ways to convert GIF to MP4. And you can select one of them based on your needs and the devices you are using. These ways are easy to learn, and you can use them to change GIF to MP4 quickly.