All of you know what is Google assistant. Google assistant is the best voice assistant available today. it supports only for Above android marshmallow(6.0) but recently it is available for lollipop 5.0 or 5.1 versions. today I will be showing you how to get Google assistance on android lollipop devices, there are two methods to get google assistance on your smartphone. the first method is by installing google assistant on your device and the second method is a little bit longer but it will work on all android device running 5.0 or 5.1 lollipop.these two methods work on rooted and non-rooted devices.
First method: Get Google Assistant on Lollipop by installing apk file
1.First, Download Google Assistant Apk. make sure that you have to enable “unknown sources” in “settings” –> “security”. Then open up the Apk file and install on your lollipop running device.
Note: Make sure that update Google app to the latest version on your smartphone, For this open the play store then go to my app & games there you can find “UPDATES” tab and look for Google app then update it. otherwise Google Assistant won’t work on your Android device.
Also Check: Top 8 Latest Whatsapp Tricks and Tips 2017
Second method: Using Nova launcher
Nova Launcher is the highly customizable launcher. It replaces your home screen with you can control and customize. you can change the icons, layouts, animations and more. Nova launcher is the best AOSP style launcher available on Android.
- Icon themes – you can find thousands of icon themes for Nova launcher on the play store.
- Customizable App Drawer – you can customize as you want to like custom effects, custom tabs, horizontal or vertical scrolling.
- Backup/Restore – After customization of your home screen you can backup and restore whenever you want that particular look & feel.
- Fast – Nova launcher is highly optimized to do its work faster and quickly.
- Nova Launcher Prime – It’s paid version of Nova launcher with unlocking features Gestures, Unread counts, Custom Drawer Groups, Hide Apps, Icon Swipes and more scroll Effects.
1.First, install Nova launcher on your Android device and set it as your default launcher.
2.then long press on your home screen to open widgets, in Nova launcher widgets choose “activities”
4.Now, the shortcut is added to your home screen and just tap on it to launch Google Assistant. Go to “Your Stuff” and top on “Add reminder” and set Google Assistant as your default voice input That’s it now you can enjoy Google Assistant on your android lollipop devices.If you have any issues comment down below.