“Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped Working” is This the Issue You are Facing? People now used to stay in touch with networking site or social media.
Facebook is one of the most popular sites which is a part of our daily routine; it may be for a long or little moment. Today, Facebook is a platform where millions of users share all part, all incidents, news, etc of their lives.
But sometimes we face a problem – Unfortunately has facebook stopped working, it is very annoying when facebook does not give a response. This error message means the application is unable to function as it should and has stopped working.
So, you can take to deal with this error and get your smartphone in working order again.
Also Check: How to Post a GIF on Facebook Comment
- 1 How to Fix Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped Working?
How to Fix Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped Working?
There are some solutions to fix this problem.
Method 1 :
- Go to “Settings” in your android mobile
- Tap on “Application > Application manager”
- Go to “all” then search “Facebook” and tap on it
- Press the tab “clear cache” and then press “clear data” and finally press “Clear”
- Restart your mobile
Method 2 :
- Go to “settings” in your android mobile
- Tap on “Application > Application manager”
- Go to “all” then search “facebook” and tap on it
- Tap “force stop > OK > uninstall”, uninstalled the facebook
- Go to “Playstore” and install the “Facebook app” again
Whether you are facing the same issue on latest iPhone any another iPhone model, the methods that we have provided below to fix it are for every iPhone (some method also applicable for android mobile too) model.
But make sure that your phone connected with a cellular network or wifi.
1. Close and Reopen Facebook App
If a message appears that “unfortunately facebook has stopped” or “Facebook isn’t responding” when you are trying to open facebook, simply quit from the app and relaunch or open it again. Sometimes it works luckily and problem solved. But sometimes the Facebook keeps stopping.
2. Disconnect and Connect Again A Network
Sometimes, due to a poor internet connection, the Facebook app cannot work properly as it is a heavy app which requires a good internet connection. You might be wondering on “Why is my Facebook not Responding?”.
So, you should check that your mobile in a good Wifi or cellular network and try to switch on and off network several times from Settings or control center on your Android or iPhone to fix Facebook.
3. Update Facebook
Many times, apps stop working because of the update issue. So, you need to make sure that you have an up-to-date version of the Facebook app on your iPhone. If your facebook app not updated then you need to update facebook.
Once you have updated the Facebook app successfully, open it once again and check whether it is functioning properly or Facebook keeps stopping.
4. Restart Your Phone
The other solution is you restart your phone. If the issue “Facebook app is not working” is due to the software problem, then restarting phone can solve this problem. Followings are some process on how to restart the for every iPhone model :
- For iPhone 6/6s and earlier models:-
You need to Press and hold the Home button and Power buttons together. Thereafter, release both the buttons until the Apple logo shows up.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus:-
You need to press and hold the Power button and Volume Down buttons together. After that, release the buttons until the Apple logo shows up.
- For iPhone 8 (Plus)/X/XS (Max) /XR:-
Press and release the Volume Up button > Then press and release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side button, release the button until Apple logo shows up.
5. Update OS Version
Sometimes Software or OS update fixes many problems with your phone. It not only brings new features but also solve many software issues that are occurring in the older version.
To check the next software update, open the “Settings”, then go to the “General > Software update”. After that, update OS or IOS and then install the next update to fix the Facebook iPhone app not working issue.
6. Factory Setting
If all previous methods fail to solve the facebook issue then you can reset your phone. This will delete all data of your phone.
- For iPhone users
Before you go for a factory reset, you should backup your iPhone with either iTunes or iCloud before moving forward with this method, so that by any chance for any mistakes while doing the restore, you will not lose your precious data.
Steps to Follow:
- Open the “Settings” app.
- And then go to the “General” option.
- Thereafter, tap on the “Reset” button.
- And then tap on the “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- If your device is protected with a password, then it will ask for the password to confirm the reset settings. Please follow the instructions properly.
- For Android Users
For Facebook not working on Android issue,
- Turn off your phone.
- Then, hold the volume down button and power button together at a time.
- Wait until the phone turns on.
- You will see the word “Start”.
- Then press vol down button until recovery mode is seen.
- Now you need to press the power button to start the process for recovery.
- You can see “Android reboot now”.
- Press and hold the power button and press the vol up button once at the same time and let go of the power button.
- Press volume down button until the factory reset is highlighted.
- Then press the power button to select it.
- If a factory reset is done, press the power button to select “reboot system now”.
There you can restore your phones data.
It can also be done from your mobile “General setting”. There is an option to reset or factory reset.
Video to Fix unfortunately Facebook has stopped working on Android:
I hope this article will help you to “How to Fix Unfortunately Facebook Has Stopped Working“. If you have any issues or queries let us know and comment down below. Share with your friends and relatives on social media. thanks for visiting Techkeyhub.