iPhone Camera Black Screen: iPhone is one of the Best Smartphone Ever which is designed and marketed by Apple Inc. This smartphone has become so popular for its standards and features available in it. It is build-up with the iOS Operating System which is only for Apple products like iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and much more.
One of the best thing in the iPhone Mobile is its camera clarity and its functionality. It has an amazing camera which has different Camera Modes and Video Features. But, there is an issue raised by many people about iPhone Camera which causing the Camera to show a Black Screen. Let’s have a glance on it and know How to Fix iPhone Camera Black Screen Issue.
What is iPhone Camera Black Screen
iPhone Camera Black Screen is an issue caused in some of the iPhone series mostly on iPhone 6/7/8. It generally makes the camera to look like a black screen and doesn’t function properly. This iPhone camera black is faced by many people while opening the camera application.
iPhone Black Screen occurs mostly on Rear Camera but in few cases, it occurs for the front camera. Some times due to the Camera Flash Light, this iPhone Screen Black occurs and annoys the user. So, let’s see the reasons behind this iPhone Camera Not Working Issue.
Check out: OK Google Isn’t working- How to fix it?
Reasons for iPhone Camera Black Screen
- If you find the camera screen black while opening the camera application then it is caused due to the camera functionality issues. This issue doesn’t allow the user to take pictures even if you are clicking on the camera shutter button.
- Sometimes the iPhone Camera Flash doesn’t sync with the Camera Shots while capturing photos. This is one of the mostly caused issues on iPhone Camera Black Screen which has been often complained by the iPhone users on Apple Forum.
- Whenever you face this iPhone Camera Black Screen issue on Camera Application, the first thing you need to do is to find out whether it is a software problem or hardware problem.
- To check whether it is a software issue or hardware issue, you need to open any video calling application like Facetime and do the video calling with anyone in your contacts. Just check the front camera and rear camera whether they are working on a video call or not.
- If both the cameras are working properly during the video call then you don’t need to worry about the iPhone because it is a software issue which can be solved easily.
- If you find that the problem is with hardware components then it is better to go to the Apple Showroom or any Mobile Service Centre to Fix iPhone camera black screen issue.
How to Fix iPhone Camera Black Screen Issue
There are many complaints received in the Apple Forum from various devices like “iPhone 6 black screen”, “iPhone 5s black screen”, “iPhone 7 black screen“, “iPhone screen not working“, “my iPhone screen is black“, and much more.
It doesn’t matter which iPhone model you are using currently because we can not predict this iPhone camera black screen issue occurs on our device. You can easily Fix iPhone Camera problems by using the various methods mentioned below to solve this issue.
Method1: Force Close the Camera App
This is one of the easiest and better way to get rid of this iPhone Camera Black Screen issue while opening the Camera App. Due to some processor issues or Heavy RAM Usage issues, the camera app on your iPhone will not get opened properly. This makes the screen look black and doesn’t work any camera functionalities.
In such cases, you need to fix the issue by closing the camera app forcefully. To close the camera app suddenly, you need to double tap the Home button and check the camera app in the recent apps. After clearing the camera app from the recent apps, wait for 2 minutes and restart the camera.
Method2: Switching Cameras
I think this trick will definitely help you to deal with the black screen problem without going to an iPhone Repair workshop. Sometimes the users observe the front camera of the iPhone is not working properly.
In this situation, switch to the rear-cam by tapping on the camera icon and after a few moments when you switch on the front camera, you may find the black screen issue is gone.
Method3: Disable Voice-Over option
You might be wondering how this option can resolve this issue. But, there is an interconnection between this option and the Camera App. If you want to turn off this option on your iPhone device then follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to “Settings”
- Select the “General” option
- In that, select “Accessibility” option
- There you can find the “Voice-Over” Feature which you need to Turn Off.
Method4: Restart iPhone Device
You can check out whether these methods are working or not by opening the camera app after trying each method. If you find the issue continuing then Restart your iPhone by long pressing on the Lock button or Power button. After restarting the device, wait for 30 seconds to load the applications.
Now you can check the Camera App whether the iPhone Camera Black Screen Issue is solved or not. For many small issues occurred on smartphones, most of the people choose this “Restart Device” option which resolves the problem.
Method5: Update the iOS version
It is always important to keep the Operating System and other applications updated with the latest versions which can fix bugs and defects present on your smartphone. There is a high chance of clearing the issues by keeping the phone updated with the latest version of OS.
If you want to Update Software on iPhone then follow the instructions given below carefully. Make sure that your phone is charged enough for the software installation process and the data is backed up for safety.
If you like this article, then do share with your friends and family. If you have any queries and suggestions, please let us know and feel free to comment us below.