If you are facing problems with Antimalware Service Executable on your Windows 10 PC and wondering why it is hogging so much of CPU and how can you fix it? Don’t worry we are here to help you fix it. But First things First, Let’s first find out what is Antimalware Service Executable.
Well, Antimalware service executable is the core process executed by the windows defender to protect windows from getting infected by the viruses, trojans, malware, spyware. So if you are running the default windows defender then the antimalware service is automatically executed in the background at the startup.
This process is generally used to protect your windows 10 pc or laptop but many users have recently complained about it consuming a large part of CPU and making their pc slow. Also, this application stays hidden during the whole process. As a result, the users do not even get any idea about how much memory the program is consuming.
Windows defender is a free antivirus tool that Microsoft offers with their Windows 10 operating system. This tool basically offers the first line of security for your computer. Although by uninstalling windows defender you can completely fix the issue, disabling windows defender isn’t recommended because it will expose your pc to threats like virus, malware.
If you want to disable windows defender then you should first get yourself a different anti-virus app that will help you stay protected. Alternatively, you can also change the schedule. Windows defender only consumes high CPU usage when it is running a full scan on your pc. So by rescheduling the scan time to sometime when you are less likely to be using your pc will fix the issue and also keep you protected from any threats. Follow the steps below.
Fix High CPU Usage By Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10
So below are the steps to reschedule the scan time of windows defender. Follow the steps below and if you face any problem then comment below.
- Press Windows Key + R to open run dialogue box.
- Now type taskschd.msc and press Enter to open the Task Scheduler.
- Now from the left panel, Navigate to Library –> Microsoft –> Windows –> Windows Defender.
- After opening the Windows Defender Folder double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan, located in the middle pane.
- Now in the new pop-up, Under the General tab uncheck the option Run with highest privileges.
- Move to the conditions tab and uncheck all options.
- Double click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan, Triggers and then click New.
- Now, Create a new scan schedule as per your needs. We recommend you to do it once a week when you are very less likely to use your PC a lot.
- Just restart your PC and use it without any problem.
I hope you this article Fix High CPU Usage By Antimalware Service Executable on Windows 10 is helpful to you. If you still face any problem then don’t forget to comment below and we will be happy to assist you. Share with your friends and relatives on social media.