Dropbox crash on an iOS device automatically generates a crash log file in the background. For troubleshooting and fixing it, you have to share those dropbox crash log files with the support team.
You can access these logs by syncing your iOS device with iTunes or directly on your smartphone. But exactly how? Here I explain that in detail:
How Do I Access Dropbox Crash Logs From My iPhone or iPad?
There are two ways to get hands-on dropbox crash logs from your iOS device. You can go for the suitable one at your convenience.
1. Syncing iPhone or iPad with iTunes on PC
If your dropbox account is logged in on your iOS device, first sync your device on your PC with iTunes to find the crash log files. Open iTunes on your PC and connect your iPad/iPhone to the device. Click on the device icon in the top left of the iTunes window and choose your device to sync the data (follow these instructions for syncing). You can choose which data you want to sync with the device like your dropbox personal logs, team folders, etc
This way the crash logs will be synced to your PC. Follow these steps to access the required dropbox logs for Windows or MacOS.
- Go to Windows Explorer, add the following address in the bar, and hit enter: %APPDATA%\AppleComputer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice
- Now access the device folder you have synced and look for the following crash logs.
Note: If you have an older device running on iOS 7.1, the crash log file ends with ips instead of crash.
- Open the recent or required log file and mail it to the support team for troubleshooting.Note: For Windows 7 or above, you can find crash logs under:
- Access the Console app from Applications > Utilities in Finder.
- Go to the “Crash Reports” option and choose the crash logs for the dropbox app. The logs are listed by app’s binary name.
- Right-Click on the recent dropbox crash log and choose the “Reveal in Finder” option.
- Drag the log file in the finder to mail to the dropbox support team. Alternatively, you can choose the “Send to Apple” option at the bottom of the crash log to report the error to the apple support team.
2. Read Dropbox crash logs from iPhone
Instead of using a PC, you can also find dropbox crash logs from your iPhone by following these steps:
- Go to the iPhone’s settings and then under the “Privacy” section.
- Scroll down for the “Analytics & Improvement” section and click on the “Analytics Data.”
- Locate the recent crash logs for the Dropbox app. The crash logs start with <AppBinaryName>_<DateTime> and end with ips for crash reports. So, the example of dropbox crash logs can be “dropbox_2022-0504-135344_iPhone.crash”
- Select and open the required crash log. Click on the share icon to mail the log as an attachment to the support team.
You may also like: 6 Lesser-Known Dropbox Tracking Features To Try
Why Is My Dropbox Crashing? [Reasons & Solutions]
Wondering why Dropbox stopped working or not responding? Dropbox crash is normal on iOS devices, and there could be various reasons. Here I have mentioned some working solutions to resolve frequent dropbox crashes in iPhone SE, XS, XR, 6 or above, along with their possible causes.
1. Background apps or minor system glitches causing Dropbox app to crash
Sometimes, the other apps running in the background restrict the working of the dropbox app.
Solution: Force quit and restart the dropbox app on your iOS device to fix the crash.
To close all the running apps and restart the dropbox app on your iPhone / iPad, follow these steps:
- On your home screen, swipe up from the bottom to the middle to open the app switcher.
- Close all the apps running in the background by swiping one up by one
- Restart your device and open the dropbox app again.
Dropbox’s app cache can also cause frequent crashes. When you delete a dropbox folder/file, its cache version gets stored in the app’s cache. Although the app cache gets automatically cleared after a few days, in case you want to manually delete them, follow:
- Open the dropbox app on your device and click on the settings icon under the recents tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom to the “Clear Cache” option, click on it and confirm your action.
2. Using the old version of the Dropbox app
Sometimes when we keep using the old app version for a long time, it stops working or frequently crashes due to compatibility issues. In the latest version of the app, usually, such bugs get fixed to offer smooth working.
Solution: Update the app for the latest version or uninstall & reinstall the app.
Steps to update the dropbox app to the latest version on iOS devices:
- Go to the app store on your device and search for “dropbox” in the search bar.
- Click on the app name to see if the update option is available.
- If the update is available, click on it to update to the latest version to fix the error.
You can uninstall and reinstall the app to fix the crash if the update is unavailable. To do so, follow these steps:
- Choose the dropbox app icon from your device’s home screen and long press it until it starts wiggling. Click on the “X” icon on the app’s top left to uninstall the app.
- A confirmation dialog will appear asking you to confirm your decision to uninstall the app. Confirm to remove the app from your iPhone / iPad.
- Once it is deleted, head to your app store and search for the dropbox app to reinstall it.
- Click on the app’s name and download it again to fix the crash.
3. The current iOS doesn’t support the Dropbox app
Solution: Upgrade to the latest iOS version to fix the crash.
In some cases, upgrading to the latest iOS version fixed the frequent crashing of the dropbox app on an iPhone or iPad. So, if your device’s latest version update is available, you can try upgrading it to fix the crash problem.
Before upgrading to the latest iOS version, take your device’s backup on iCloud. Then plug your iPhone/iPad into a power source, connect to the wifi and follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s settings “General” section and Click on the Software update. Check whether or not the latest update is available for your device.
- If a version update is available, click “Install Now” to upgrade the version. If you get an option saying “Download and Install instead,” click on it to download the update and enter your phone’s password.
- Upon successful completion of the version upgrade, re-open the dropbox app to check if it is working fine now.
4. A poor internet connection or VPN causing Dropbox app network issues
As dropbox is a cloud-storage app, sometimes a poor network or VPN connection can cause the instant crash of the Dropbox app on your iOS devices.
Solution: Reset network settings or turn off your VPN settings
To reset network settings on your iOS devices, follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s Settings, and under the General section, click on the Reset option.
- Choose the “Reset Network Settings” under it and enter your password.
- Confirm that you want to reset your network settings. After this step, your WiFi and server settings will be deleted as default network settings will be restored.
- Now open your dropbox app on default network settings to check if the crash problem is fixed or not.
Using a VPN on your device might cause an issue in the app’s normal working. Follow these steps to disable it:
- Under the General settings of your device, go to the VPN option. Click on the VPN provider and turn it off.
- If it keeps turning ON after disabling or turning off, simply delete the VPN to restore the normal working of the app.
If none of these solutions works for you, copy the crash log or download the dropbox crash log file (as mentioned above in this guide) to mail to the support team for assistance.
Where is the iPhone app crash log on iPad?
You can find the iPhone app crash log on the iPad under the Settings & Privacy section. Here is how to do it:
- Open Settings on your iPad and go to the Privacy tab.
- Scroll down below to the “Analytics & Improvement” option and click on “Analytics Data”.
- Here you can view all the crash logs. Choose the required one by its app name and date.
What tool is used to record crash Logs iOS?
Three popular and reliable tools you can use to record crash logs on iOS devices are:
Sometimes app updates or changes by developers cause frequent crashing issues. Instead of panicking, try the above solutions to see what works for you. Note that if you restart or update your dropbox app on iOS devices, no harm is done to your previously stored files or data.
If nothing works for you, just seek assistance from the Dropbox support team by sending them recent crash log files.