The OnePlus company recently released new flagship device. The new flagship device is named as OnePlus 5T which is the upgraded version of OnePlus 5. OnePlus 5T has 6-inches bezel-less display at 2160×1080 pixels at 401 PPI density. It comes with the 16+20MP dual primary camera and 16 MP front-facing camera, 6/8 GB of RAM with 3400 mAh battery. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. It comes with Android Nougat with the latest Oxygen OS.
Officially Android Oreo is not available for OnePlus 5T. But the Custom Rom OminiRom (Android Oreo 8.0/8.1) is available for OnePlus 5T which is developed by XDA developers. Thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to use all new latest versions of Android. Follow the step by step process to Install Android Oreo 8.0 on OnePlus 5T.
- Before you install OmniRom on OnePlus 5T, first you must unlock the bootloader.
- your device has charged at least 50% to 60%
- Install TWRP recovery mode on One Plus 5T
- before you install take a backup of your device data If anything goes wrong or you don’t like the OmniRom simply get back to normal by restoring it.
Also Check: Download OnePlus 5T Star Wars Edition Wallpapers
Download OmniRom for OnePlus 5T
How to Install OmniROM on OnePlus 5T (Android Oreo 8.0/8.1)
- First, Download OmniRom and GApps zip packages from the links given above. make sure that download the GApps for selected Android version.
- Copy these files to your OnePlus 5T device then power it off.
- To Boot into TWRP recovery mode, Press and Hold the Power button and Volume down button until the OnePlus logo appears.
- In TWRP recovery mode, Select Wipe –> Advanced wipe then Swipe the “swipe to wipe button“.
- After completion of wipe, go to TWRP main menu.
- Here choose Install then navigate to the Zip files location in your storage.
- Select the OmniRom zip file, once the zip file is selected tap on Ad more Zips and select the GApps zip file.
- Swipe the “Swipe to Confirm Flash“, now the installation process will begin after it’s done tap on “Reboot System“
- Finally, OmniRom (Android Oreo 8.0/8.1) is successfully installed on OnePlus 5T.
If you have any issues or questions regarding the installation process simply comment down below.